Imagine a simpler time …
Remember when your parents or grandparents told you about life on the farm? The animals were free to roam bright open spaces and graze on fresh green grass. Those were the days when farmers worked hard to produce nutritious, simple food to support their family and nearby community.
The producers of the Manitoba Grass-Fed Beef Association feel the same way about production. All of their grass-fed beef is produced in the most humane way possible. They are also strong proponents of the environment and strive to protect the land and waterways through managed pasture grazing and trough or pipeline watering systems while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Manitoba Grass-Fed Beef Association grass-fed beef:
- Is raised under strict protocols and verified by an independent third party and produced without the use of:
- growth hormones
- genetically modified feeds
- and grains for the entire life of the animal
- Is raised on family farms in an environmentally safe and humane way
- Is a healthy and nutritious food
- Is an excellent source of protein, vitamins B6, B9, B12, iron, zinc, phosphorus and selenium
- Is high in Vitamin B6, B9, B12, which are factors in energy metabolism and body tissue formation, including muscles, bones, teeth and building antibodies, antioxidants and red blood cells.
- Is a good source of iron, which is essential for growth and overall body function and cognitive capacity.
The Manitoba Grass-Fed Beef Producers are certified under the Canadian Verified Beef Program with additional production protocol developed by the Manitoba Grass-Fed Beef Association.